Jumat, 30 Maret 2012

Afghanistan meltdown continues as Bales sole killer tale and any so called investigation seems to fall apart....


Afghan policeman 'turns gun on colleagues'
Government blames Taliban after local policeman kills nine fellow officers as they were sleeping in Paktika province.
Last Modified: 30 Mar 2012 09:01
An Afghan policeman has killed nine fellow officers as they slept in a village in the eastern Paktika province in an attack police blamed on the Taliban.
Dawlat Khan Zadran, a provincial police chief, said the incident took place in Yayakhil town of Yayakhil district early on Friday morning.
"It's a member of the Afghan local police, who turned on his colleagues killing nine," said Al Jazeera's James Bays, reporting from Kabul.
"The Taliban are telling Al Jazeera that their focus is on the Afghanistan security forces, which is why this incident is important."
Bowal Khan, chief of Yayakhil district, identified the gunman as Asadullah, who goes by one name.
He said the gunman used his assault rifle to kill the nine men sleeping inside a command post, took their weapons and piled them in a pickup truck, and sped away.
"This man is a coward. What he did is part of the Taliban conspiracy," he said.
Khan and Zadran said the killer's two brothers were being held for questioning.
The village police group that the alleged killer was working with is known as the Afghan Local Police (ALP).
It is a local force that provides security in areas where the Afghan army and police cannot. The ALP is trained by US troops but commanded and run by the Afghan government and police.

and the Bales sole killer in the  massacre debunking goes on.....


Child witnesses to the massacre of 17 Afghan civilians by Staff Sgt. Robert Bales saythere was more than one U.S. soldier party to the crime, contradicting the story told by the Pentagon.
Yalda Hakim, a journalist for SBS Dateline in Australia, was born in Afghanistan and immigrated to Australia as a child. She is the first international journalist to interview the surviving witnesses, which she was able to do after American officials tried to prevent her contact with the village witnesses.
An 8-year old Afghan girl named Noorbinak, according to the MSNBC, “told Hakim that the shooter first shot her father’s dog. Then, Noorbinak said in the video, he shot her father in the foot and dragged her mother by the hair. When her father started screaming, he shot her father, the child says. Then he turned the gun on Noorbinak and shot her in the leg.”
“One man entered the room and the others were standing in the yard, holding lights,” Noorbinak said in the interview.
A brother of one of the victims said the children who witnessed saw many soldiers. “They don’t know whether there were 15 or 20, however many there were,” he said in the interview.
Army officials have repeatedly denied that others were involved in the massacre, maintaining that Bales acted alone.


US Military ‘Can’t Access’ Massacre Site to Collect Evidence

'Security Issues' Cited, But How Will Prosecution Work?

by Jason Ditz, March 29, 2012
The Obama Administration’s promises to prosecute Army Staff Sgt. Robert Bales over the Kandahar massacre seem to be in serious doubt today, as US military officials revealed that they haven’t been able to access the sites of any of the killings.
Officials say that “security issues” have kept them from going to any of the locations in the two villages near their base, and that they haven’t been able to get formal permission from the villages in the district to do so either.
Bales’ lawyer, John Henry Browne, is expecting these circumstances to dramatically change the face of the trial, noting that “they haven’t been back there. So there’s no crime scene, there’s no DNA, there’s no fingerprints, there’s no confession.” Bales is facing 17 counts of murder and other charges over the massacre.
The narrative surrounding the massacre has gotten considerably more complex in recent days, with officials now trying also to explain how Bales returned to base mid-massacre to take a break, and was able to wander off for a second round of killings.
There are a lot of questions to answer about the massacre, and Bales claims he doesn’t remember anything about it. With the military so far unable to secure any solid evidence, the entire case seems shaky.

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar